Do things right for long enough – have we mentioned we've been at this for more than 120 years now? – and people will talk!
Here's just a taste of what's been said about us in the press in the last couple of decades alone, and one or two things we've had to say about ourselves as well.
- Pawleys Island Hammock: "News for Pawleys Island, Litchfield and Murrells Inlet," April 13, 2012
- The Washington Post, "Simply grand: It's easy to fall under the sway of hammock capital Pawleys Island," May 30, 2010
- American Profile, "Made in the Shade," June 2009
- Country Living, "A Brief History of Pawleys Island Hammocks," June 2009
- Garden Design, "Perpetual Hammock," September-October 2009
Our Original History
How many great inventions have come about just because somebody couldn't get a good night's sleep? That's the story behind 19th-century riverboat captain Joshua John "Cap'n Josh" Ward and our Original Pawleys Island Rope Hammock.Learn More
That pretty little metal tag that says it's an Original Pawleys Island does not go on until certain high standards of quality have first gone in, from our selection of exceptional materials to the artistry of their assembly.Learn More
Whether it's your first time seeing a master hammock weaver at work, or your hundredth, the fluid rhythm of hands and rope is positively hypnotic.Learn More